If you are new to United With Love or you’ve just become engaged and are planning a wedding in the Washington, DC area, you’ve come to the right place! First, let me say “welcome!” I’m so glad that you are here! I’m Juli, the owner and editor. I promise you’ll want to read on and book mark this page!
United With Love is an informative resource for couples planning a wedding in the greater DC region. The blog features Baltimore to Charlottesville and everything in between. I really want to help you become educated about planning a wedding in this area and, of course, I also want to inspire you with pretty pictures and loads of ideas from real DC area weddings and local DC area wedding vendors. Here are a few posts to get you started in your planning process. And, if you’ve already started planning, these posts will help you get better acquainted with United With Love.
United With Love updates a few times per day, every day, so come back as often as you like. We put lots of great info and pretty things on our social media channels. So, if Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or Pinterst are your things, you can find us there too! (Be sure to tag us and use our wedding planning hashtag #loveunitedwithlove!) You can also sign up for our email newsletter for even more goodness.
- The First Thing You Should Do Once You Become Engaged :: You are going to be surprised at the answers from the DC area’s best wedding planners. And, no, it isn’t go buy a dress or find a venue!
- The Average Cost of a Wedding in the Washington DC Area :: Gasp! We live in one of the most expensive cities in the country, thus weddings in this region are higher than average. But, don’t worry, we have your back with a few ways to save money on a DC area wedding and 10 things you can skip to save money at your wedding. Look out for these unexpected wedding costs for the DMV. Also, here is how to have a $30,000 wedding in the DC area!
- Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget :: This idea for this post came from our past readers – they wanted to know how to get the most out of their wedding dollars. We also are talking about ways that being flexible can save you money on your wedding. And, we also give you a breakdown of where to allocate your dollars in this post with wedding budget percentages in DC, MD and VA.
- Wedding Budget Advice from Real DC Area Couples :: At the end of each real DC area wedding that we feature, I like to include a little piece of advice from the couple. So, look out for that along the way. In the meantime, here is a round up of our favorite wedding planning budget tips from the real world. And, if you ever get to a point where you are super stressed out, make sure you check out what to do if you hate planning your wedding!
- Best Advice for Finding a Wedding Venue in the DC Area :: Once the excitement of the engagement wears off, it is time to get down to business and find a venue. (Here is what to look for in a wedding venue!) There are lots (and I mean lots!) of wedding venues in the DC area to choose from. In addition to venue search advice, we also have the best DC area wedding venues broken out by style, like barns, museums and so much more! You’ll want check out our list of affordable wedding venues in DC, MD and VA as well as these unexpected wedding venues in the DC area.
- How to Get a Marriage License in the DC, Maryland and Virginia :: You are gonna need it, so here’s how to make it official in the DMV. If you aren’t doing the big reception there, and prefer a smaller scale, you can also find out how to have a courthouse wedding in the DC area.
- How to Write Your Wedding Ceremony :: The flowers, the decor – it all means nothing without the wedding ceremony. In addition to writing your own ceremony, what about having your friend or family member be your wedding officiant in DC, MD or VA? We have you covered! We also have a list of unique wedding ceremony traditions.
- All About Wedding Photography in the DC Area :: I’m not even going to point you to a particular post, but rather to an entire week dedicated to everything that you need to know about selecting, hiring and loving a local photographer for your wedding. (We also did a whole week on rehearsal dinners in the DC area too!)
- Wedding Flowers 101 :: If you think you want flowers at your wedding, you are going to want to read this. We went all in on wedding flowers and had a whole two weeks about everything you need to know about weddings and flowers. We talked to the best wedding florists in DC, MD and VA and got their expert advice. We also broke wedding flowers in the Washington DC area by season.
- Free Printables and DIYs for Washington DC Weddings :: Now onto the fun stuff! We love DIY weddings and we really love our growing catalogue of FREE printables for DC area weddings that we’ve been creating. Everything from drink flags to belly bands to invitations, with more freebies added all the time! And, of course we have some ideas to get your craft on like homemade fudge wedding favors and a DIY s’mores bar. Oooo and make-your-own cake pops!
So, there you have it – my links to some of the best and most helpful posts about planning a wedding in the Washington DC area. This is by no means everything on the blog, it’s been a jam-packed four years and counting! (Not including all of the real wedding features and inspirations and ideas!) These links should provide you with hours of DC area wedding planning education and entertainment!
I hope that you’ll have some fun looking around. As always if there is something you don’t see covered on the blog, e-mail me anytime – I’d love to hear from you! (Some of the best posts have come from our readers!)