Thinking of Washington, DC for your upcoming nuptials? In case you need convincing that the Nation’s capital is unlike any other place in the world, here are ten of the best reasons to get married in Washington, DC…
1. There really isn’t an “off-season” in the Washington, DC wedding world. Due to the plethora of great local wedding venues, stunning backdrops, and a constant rotation of things to do and see, couples can choose a wedding date that is special to them.
2. Your guests won’t bust their budget on entertainment, and most museums are free. It would be quite impressive if they could hit all 18 Smithsonian museums (and the National Zoo) while, of course, attending your fabulous wedding festivities in one weekend!
3. No need to worry about not finding great room blocks – in Washington, DC there are some of the country’s best hotels on just about every street, sometimes more! Check out this great post on how to navigate booking your room block for out of town guests.
4. Swanky rooftops, backyard mansions, and five-star restaurants will wow your friends and family members. Washington, DC has the corner on unique wedding venues for any size or budget. We love the National Museum of Women in the Arts as a opulent yet versatile wedding venue.
5. Don’t stress about elaborate transportation; for just a few bucks your guests can take the Metro all over the city quickly and efficiently.
6. Skip the chicken or beef! Cuisine from every country in the world is represented Washington, DC and we have some of the most creative and innovative caterers around! Spilled Milk Catering offers some really killer options like Spicy Tuna Cones or a create-your-own Pad Thai station.
7. The Lincoln Memorial. The U.S Capitol Building steps. The White House. Pictures by the monuments and other Washington, DC sights are priceless, just don’t forget to check if your favorite spot needs a permit for photographs. DC Monument Engagement Shoots are a great way to get quintessential DC photos without being stressed on your actual wedding day!
8. Speaking of pictures: Envision you and your partner on the Tidal Basin at peak cherry blossom season. Need we say more?
9. Your guests can make a late night pit stop at the famous Ben’s Chili Bowl or any number of DC’s favorite pubs, bars, and nightclubs for continuing the wedding late night.
10. Whether it’s southern charm, a rich sense of history, or modern and edgy, Washington, DC is a great place to let your likes, dislikes, and personality as a couple shine.