This blog is full of pretty pictures and also loads of wedding planning advice from the professionals in the Washington DC area. We’ve featured everything from venues to catering to bachelorette party ideas help you plan your local wedding in Washington DC – the kind of info that you won’t find anywhere else. For this next round up of the best of Washington DC weddings, I picked a few favorite tips and advice from local wedding pros!
Earlier this year, we were lucky enough to meet and speak with some local bride readers at a bridal show. And, after our fun talks, we were inspired to share a list of popular DC area wedding venues that we heard about from the couples we met!
You can see the full list of favorite DC area wedding venues according to local brides and grooms. And the tips and advice for wedding ceremony and reception doesn’t stop there. Here are some more highlights from 2012:
- Ideas for unique wedding ceremony traditions
- What you’ll need to know about attending a South Asian wedding
- Five wedding venues in Charlottesville, Virginia and popular wedding locations in Baltimore
We talked lots of beauty and fashion this year too! One of my favorite pieces of advice– tips for wedding dress cleaning and preservation in the DC area. After your find your dream dress, taking care of your gown after the big day has come and gone is a smart move!
You can read the full article on wedding gown cleaning and preservation in the Washington DC area. For more fashion, beauty and wedding party advice, here are some more favorites from the year:
- We loved getting our custom blended makeup
- How to consign or sell your wedding dress
- Tips for surviving a sample sale
Calling all bridesmaids! One of my favorite posts from this year was all about the bachelorette party! We rounded up a few ideas for traditional bachelorette parties in the Washington DC area that you don’t want to miss!
You can see all of the DMV bachelorette party ideas. For more tips and advice about the other wedding day-related festivities, check out these posts:
- Even more fun bachelorette party ideas
- Ideas for DC-area bridal showers
- Local spots for romantic mini-moons
- Unique rehearsal dinner ideas
Yum, yum and yum! This year we caught up with a few of the top local caterers and asked about the food trends for weddings in 2012! Now that the year is over, it is fun to see all of these trends playing out throughout the year at different weddings.
You can see all of the wedding food trends of 2012. Here are a few more fun posts on food and entertainment:
- The must-ask questions for choosing a wedding caterer
- How to have a packed dance floor
- Check out our series on wedding song suggestion playlists
I’m so tired from rounding up all of these fantastic posts! What are you favorite wedding advice topics that we cover this year? Check back tomorrow because we’ll have more of the best of Washington DC weddings!