Love the cupcake, but looking for something new? Well, look no further. Teresa, owner for Rex & Regina Events, is here with a yummy little post about macarons. With out further ado…
Photo courtesy of Michel Patisserie
Macarons are quite possibly the hottest, hippest, most adorable pastry on the dessert scene right now.
The macaron is the Parisian “sandwich-like” cookie made of egg whites, sugar, and finely ground almonds. These are not to be confused with the “other” macaroon of the coconut persuasion! Parisian macarons are delicate, light, and come in a variety of flavors (and, therefore, colors) – making them perfect as custom wedding treats or favors.
Here are some ideas for your wedding:
- Serve them at the table at the end of the meal on a platter with other small pastries and freshly brewed coffee;
- Display them on a beautiful dessert table;
- Package a few together for a sweet parting favor for guests;
- Set a single macaroon on a tiny plate and set the plate on top of a folded napkin; or
- Set on a charger or dinner plate to add color and whimsy to your tablescape.
If you are not a baker, you are in luck; macarons are readily available at several locations in the DC area:
- Patisserie Poupon
- Praline Bakery
- Adour – Call ahead to place your order for pick up
- Kafe Leopold
- Michel Patisserie – Available for delivery or for purchase and pick up at ACKC. Michel also offers fabulous macaron displays, perfect for a dessert table.