Look out Maryland couples on the hunt for a perfect location, because we have the fabulous trio from Event Design Group LLC, a Maryland-based wedding event planning company, to give you the break-down on 10 spots to get married in Maryland. We had to limit it to just 10, because it can be really hard to choose; there are so many good ones! Take it away, ladies…
Maryland is packed with fun things to see and do! Whether you’re a lover of history, the arts, entertainment, or the great outdoors, you can definitely find somewhere or something to celebrate the spirit of this cultural melting pot. With a variety of locations to host your event and some of the most creative and talented wedding professionals in the world, MD has everything on a couple’s must-have list. Here are a few (of the many) great reasons to get married in Maryland:
- Do you consider yourself an Ethereal Bride? Then Strong Mansion in Clarksburg, MD is the place for you! This hidden gem, nestled in the Sugarloaf Mountainside, is perfect for any couple looking to enjoy an intimate time with their guests away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Oxon Hill Manor, with its picturesque views and lush gardens, is ideal for the romantic couple. Not to mention some of Washington’s highest dignitaries have enjoyed this space, including the daughter of former Secretary of State, Colin Powell!
- Woodend Nature Sanctuary is home to the Audubon Naturalist Society. What better place to express your earth-friendly personality than here, home to beautiful meadows, trails and aquatic life? Not to mention the fabulous greek-style portico, which adds the perfect touch to any event.
- Fight, Fight, Fight for Maryland…Ok, so these might not be the exact words to your alma mater’s fight song, but thank goodness the staff at University of Maryland’s University Chapel won’t hold that against you. With it’s understated elegance there’s no wonder there tends to be a waitlist. Good thing the Samuel L. Riggs Alumni Center is on the other side of campus for your back up plan. (Or your toga party reception!)
- Are you the ever-studious bookworm? Well, what better way to spend your wedding day than surrounded by the ones you love…Shakespeare, Hemingway, Faulkner and Steinbeck (just to name a few!) The George Peabody Library is a breathtaking historic property in the heart of Baltimore. With sky high ceilings and the classic novels lining the walls, you and your guests are sure to fall in love.
- Feeling a bit nautical? Experience the National Harbor, a newly developed multi-use waterfront community on the shores of the Potomac River in Prince George’s County, Maryland. Have your wedding and reception at The Sunset Room all while experiencing the dramatic views of the Potomac River.
- Located within walking distance of Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, the American Visionary Art Museum is a unique and exciting venue to hold your special event. The building itself is a piece of art – perfect for the “indie” bride.
- Native to Maryland, but still want to feel like you’re having a destination wedding? Take a look at Combsberry Inn, a beautiful waterfront site located in Oxford, Maryland. Let your imagination run wild, as you choose between getting married at the manor house, the shore or in the garden. The choice is yours!
- The Strathmore Mansion and The Music Center at Strathmore, located in the capital region area of Bethesda, is an ideal location for the couple that loves the musical arts.
- Are you an active-duty military member? Why not get married at the historic chapel of the U.S. Naval Academy, located in Annapolis, “America’s Sailing Capital.” Just remember to check the special requirements for military personnel.
How’s that for a diverse list of places to get married in MD? Maryland has so many options! Thank you so much Event Design Group LLC! For more from the Event Design gals, check out their website here.
Looking for more MD (or DC and VA) wedding venue ideas? Check out our vendor guide here.