Not too long ago, Claudia, from Fig. 2 Design Studio, mentioned to me that she designed a really amazing invitation suite for a same-sex wedding in DC. I couldn’t wait to see, so I bugged her endlessly until she shared her creations. She did not disappoint! Using apple green and espresso on custom letterpress, she designed all of the wedding stationery including invitations, thank you notes, save the date books, menus and favors.
Michael and Daniel had an intimate September wedding at the Tabard Inn in Washington, DC. Having a wedding that was small allowed Claudia to work her magic; right down to the custom thank you notes that each guest received as a favor (complete with a calligraphy stamp of their name)!
From Claudia: The couple wanted a small and intimate event with only very close friends and family. The Tabard Inn is pretty eclectic and the couple wanted to reflect that vibe while still keeping things formal and intimate. Because we only needed a small quantity of pieces, everything was hand assembled and given a very personal and customized touch.
The idea of using marble paper came after seeing a wonderful post from Laura of Orange Beautiful‘s The Scoop. I knew I wanted to use something different for a backer, and I kept looking at patterned papers, even designing patterns of my own. When I saw the marble, it was obvious that marble paper would be a perfect fit. Elegant yet eclectic.
The save the date books were based off a Figure A Design holiday promo we did a few years back based off “A Few Of Our Favorite Things.” Michael and Daniel’s book included a weekend agenda, a list of their favorite places to eat, drink, and visit in DC as well as their own personal favorite things like colors, movies, books, and fondest memory of each other. The books were part screen printed, part ink jet, and all hand lined and hand bound.
- Save the Date book is screen printed, flat printed, hand lined in marble paper and hand bound. It was mailed in A7 boxes.
- Invitation suite is letterpress printed in apple green and espresso on Lettra double thick paper, each piece – including envelopes – were hand lined in marble paper. The calligraphy for envelopes and reply cards was by Primele.
- Menus are letterpress printed in apple green and espresso on Lettra double thick paper, and hand lined in marble paper.
- Thank you notes are letterpress printed in espresso. The envelopes were in two different shades of green and brown, each hand lined in marble paper.
- Favors are 10 blank note cards and 10 lined envelopes that each guest received with a metallic ink pen and stamp pad for use with a personalized stamp of their name. The stamp calligraphy is by Primele.
Thank you so much, Claudia, for sharing your gorgeous wedding stationery suite!
Photo credits: Flavia Scalzitti