Thinking of Washington, DC for your wedding?? In case you needed convincing for why the Nation’s capital is unlike any other place in the world, here are ten reasons to get married in Washington, DC…
Photo credit: Kurstin Roe Photography
1. They give out marriage licenses regardless of political affiliation, so you can get a marriage license no matter what side of the aisle you and your partner are on.
2. Your guests won’t bust their budget on entertainment, and most museums are free. Your guests couldn’t possibly hit all 19 Smithsonian museums (and the National Zoo) all in one weekend!
3. No need to worry about room blocks – in Washington, DC there are hotels on just about every street, sometimes more!
4. Swanky rooftops, backyard mansions and five-star restaurants. Washington, DC has the corner on unique wedding venues for any size or budget.
5. No need to spring for elaborate transportation, for $1.60 you and your guests can take the Metro.
6. Skip the chicken or beef! Cuisine from every country in the world is represented Washington, DC.
8. Speaking of pictures: Envision you and your partner on the Tidal Basin at peak cherry blossom season. Need we say more?
9. Your guests can late night pit stop at Ben’s Chilli Bowl.
10. Everyone can get married! Same sex marriages are legal in the District of Columbia.